Monday, September 17, 2012

Rendlesham Forest UFO Symbols


The Rendlesham Forest UFO symbols are a set of six unique and intriguing symbols which resemble ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs or some form of alchemical symbolism. They derive their name from the United Kingdom's most famous UFO event, known as the Rendlesham Forest Incident.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident occurred between the nights of December 25, 1980 and December 27, 1980 in the Rendlesham forest, which is located in the county of Suffolk, England. The incident involved sightings of unexplained lights, an encounter with an unidentified object, and physical evidence, as well as numerous eyewitness accounts both collected by and provided by military personnel.

The incident is quite controversial, especially the statements made by Staff-Sergeant Jim Penniston, of the United States Air Force (USAF) 81st Security Police Squadron. Mr. Penniston claims to have touched an actual physical craft and to have observed and copied sketches of strange hieroglyphic-like symbols which were located on the craft.

When I first heard of this I was intrigued, so I set out to find a copy of the Rendlesham Forest UFO symbols so that I could take a look at them, and also to determine the circumstances surrounding the drawings. It turns out that at least two separate yet prominent versions (artistic renditions) of the drawings can be found on-line, and that the actual sketches are a bit more shaky, far less artistic, and do not necessarily “match” the reproductions put forth by artists; however, Mr. Penniston has reportedly voiced approval for at least one reproduction which is available on Wikipedia as well as Nick Pope's website. Here is the reproduction:



So, I decided to have a play with it and see what I could come up with. The following image is of that same reproduction but with comments by myself written in RED. Please note, that my speculations concerning the first five symbols are based solely on my own assumption that they may be some form of letters or words. Assuming they are words, then the speculated definitions may be close, but if they are letters, then the speculated definitions would only relate in some sort of distant etymological fashion. My conclusions were based merely upon “what I see as obvious from the shape” so far as my own perceived concept of universal-symbolism is concerned. I make no claims to knowing anything about such matters and offer my speculations only for the sake of your personal consideration. Again, these are my speculations based on my assumptions. If the report of these symbols can be trusted they may mean nothing, they may be mere symbols (like a Hazardous Material Warning or something – my first thought was “Caution! Hydrogen”), they may be numerals, or they may be intergalactic vandalism and equate to gibberish and poorly written alien slang. My comments are based solely on the idea that all we can really know is that we are looking at representations or pictures and we have to let the picture speak for itself.



One final only slightly related note. The Rendlesham Forest Incident occurred during the Yule season which has a long and mysterious history all its own. If one is actually willing to exercise their brain and do a little research instead of just dismissing mythology, they may wonder and discover how a flying craft and little elf-like creatures came to be associated with that time of year – just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment